Boy’s Stomach Pumped After Doctors Find Out What Bullies Made Him Swallow

After bullies at school made a third-grade student named Liu Xinze eat bits of pencil, this 10-year-old boy had to get his stomach pumped.
46
The Daily Mail reported, that his parents said he began vomiting after eating dinner at home. They realized something was wrong when they noticed the color of his vomit.

“There were plenty of black substances in his vomit. I wondered if he had eaten Oreo biscuits,” his sister said.

It wasn’t… the black substances turned out to be graphite from pencils.

“We saw graphite in his vomit. It’s still hard,” his sister added.

Liu’s family asked him why he had eaten the pencils.

At first he said “I was just hungry,”

It was only after some time the boy admitted to have been bullied by two older girls at school. They threatened to beat him up if he did not swallow the pencils.

The family rushed him to the hospital where doctors performed a three-hour operation to remove the graphite. So much graphite was in his stomach that his stomach acid had turned black.

The Doctors did stress that he did not have lead poisoning because the graphite in pencils is made from carbon.

Liu’s family has reported the incident to the police.

Graphite is relatively non-poisonous and anyone who swallows pencils has a good outlook for recovery. Problems can arise when children put a piece of pencil in their nose. If it is left there for some time, an infection can result, According to New York Times Health.

Sources: Daily Mail, New York Times Health